Vitamin D has a proven impact on bone mineral density and bone quality. Desirable levels of 30 ng/mL have been shown to reduce the risk of falls and fractures.
There is also growing scientific evidence linking vitamin D (25-OH) to muscle health and other indications such as diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, autoimmune diseases, respiratory diseases and cancer. The Elecsys Vitamin D total II assay aids in the assessment of vitamin D sufficiency.
- Direct traceability to the official reference measurement procedure (Ghent University ID-LC-MS/MS) for confidence in patient results
- Center of Disease Control certification as a proof source of accuracy in patient results
- High lot-to-lot consistency for optimal therapy monitoring
- Excellent sensitivity and precision over the clinically relevant range
- Efficiency due to consolidation of Vitamin D total, b-CrossLaps, P1NP, Osteocalcin and PTH testing on one fully automated platform